Motor vehicle accidents are often traumatic experiences that result in a variety of physical and cognitive injuries, some of which include concussions, fractures, whiplash, back pain, and headaches. If left unidentified and untreated, various symptoms of motor vehicle injuries can get progressively worse and ultimately interrupt daily life. Additionally, pain has the tendency to get worse following the days after an accident, so it is important to monitor your symptoms and receive attention for injuries immediately.
What should you do if you get into a motor vehicle accident?
- Inform your insurance company and provide them with necessary information including date of the accident, and any injuries that you may have sustained
- File an injury accident report with your insurance company to open up a motor vehicle claim
- Your claim adjuster will provide you with accident benefit forms for you to complete, in order for you to get treatment from a physiotherapist
Physiotherapists can help with the management of painful symptoms and rehabilitate physical injuries. It is important to schedule an assessment and receive treatment immediately following an accident to prevent further manifestation of symptoms and pain.
What exactly will Physiotherapists do after an accident?
- Professional physiotherapists will assess your injury and find out exactly what type of treatment is best for you following the accident
- Provide active and functional exercises to restore mobility and function
- Use modalities for pain control and healing promotion such as ice, heat, electrical stimulation and ultrasound
After an assessment, the physiotherapist will send a report to your insurance company and determine a treatment plan based on any physical or cognitive injuries, while ensuring that treatments are covered under protocol.
Know Your Rights:
- Your auto insurance company may refer you to a specific physiotherapist or clinic; however, it is your right to choose your preferred practitioner and clinic you love!
- Our clinic is specialized in direct billing to all auto insurance companies, and works very closely with them to provide the best service and treatments , in order to get you back on your feet!
- When dealing with significant injuries, the experience of your physiotherapist matters, so it is important to make sure you are seeing a practitioner that deals with these types of injuries regularly
Don’t hesitate to contact us:
If you are in Edmonton suffering from a car accident injury, don’t delay any longer. Request an appointment with Stride Sports & Physiotherapy today, and let our trained physiotherapists help you get on your road to recovery. We’ve helped many others recover from a car accident injury and can help you too!